Thank you to everyone who participated in
National Walk to Work Day today.
In Sydney Steve Waugh and the team from Canon walked from The Rocks to their offices in Macqaurie Park!
Fundraise with Walk to Work
This year we are encouraging all employers and employees to start walking now, to improve their health and well-being and raise funds for their favourite charities.
You can participate as an Individual or create a Team. Organisations may wish to support their employees' fund-raising efforts, or create Organisation/Company Teams. Pledges can be capped.Fundraising is completely optional.
Message from the Prime Minister
We thank the Prime Minister of Australia, The Hon Tony Abbott MP, for his support for National Walk to Work Day.
Congratulations to our winners of the
Samsung Galaxy Tablets provided by Telstra!
R. Stewart, Qld; C. Qua, WA; and L. Lai, NSW.
Let's Get Australia Walking Again
START WALKING NOW AND RAISE FUNDS FOR YOUR FAVOURITE CHARITY
Please register to participate in the Walk to Work program after which you can also register to raise funds for your favourite charity (Fundraising is completely optional):
People who walk before or during work are generally healthier, more productive and less likely to be sick or absent. It's in the best interests of all organisations to support and regularly participate in the Walk to Work program.
Now in its 16th year, National Walk to Work Day is an annual event which promotes the Walk to Work program and helps employers and employees to build regular walking into their daily routines.
So we are asking all workers to put their feet first and take part in National Walk to Work Day on Friday 7 November 2014.
- If you can't walk all the way, use public transport and get off the bus, train, tram or ferry a few stops earlier and walk the rest of the way to work.
- If you need to drive, try to leave the car at least a kilometre from your destination and walk the rest of the way.
- Take a half-hour walk at lunchtime.
- Where possible use the stairs rather than escalators or lifts.
- If you sit a lot at work, remember to get up and walk around at least once every hour.Have a piece of fruit or a drink of water, or get up to talk to a colleague instead of sending an email.
Management can also Host a Healthy Breakfast to promote the event and show support for those employees who take part.